Welcome to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc.
Who We Are
Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. (SPI) was founded by George J. Schaumburg, P.E. in 1937 and has been providing uninterrupted engineering services since 1947. In May 1973, the firm was reorganized under the name Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. With offices in Beaumont, Houston, Terrell and Tyler, the firm provides professional engineering, program management and construction management services throughout the State of Texas.
Our dedicated staff provides specialized expertise and integrated services for the public and private sector, for both large and small projects. Our projects range from transportation, drainage facilities, water resources, wastewater facilities, to land development, regulatory issues, and surveying.
SPI provides engineering services including, but not limited to: roadway planning design and construction administration; street and drainage improvements; facilities renovation and restoration; water production, treatment and distribution; municipal and industrial wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment; permitting and regulatory compliance and environmental assessment. As a full-service engineering firm, SPI’s project services can include planning studies, project development, preliminary and final design, bidding, construction administration and construction representation services.
What Our Clients Are Saying
- "SPI has always performed very well for the City of Nederland. Their work has been of the highest quality and they always look out for the City's interest."Dick Nugent - Mayor, City of Nederland
- "The City and SPI staff have enjoyed an excellent working relationship, and have worked extremely well as a team to provide the best possible product for the City."Guy D. Andrews - Director of Community Development, City of Conroe
- "We recommend Hedwig Village's consultant engineering firm Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. SPI does quality work in a responsive and timely manner."Sue Speck - Mayor, City of Hedwig Village
- "This engineering and construction project comprised the largest public works project ever undertaken by the City of Tyler. It was completed within the project budget, and within the schedule prescribed by the City."Charles H. Samson III, P.E. - Project Manager, City of Tyler
- "SPI was responsive and looked out for the best interest of the County but at the same time making sure the project stayed on task and constructed according to the plans and specifications. We would highly recommend Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. for any future projects because of their quality work in a responsive and timely manner."Ronald Westphal - Engineering Specialist, Jefferson County, Texas