SPI is seeking a Business Development Professional to join our team. The BD Professional is responsible for the development of clients and industry partners for the continued growth and expansion in the Texas markets. SPI is heavily invested in the municipal engineering market, and the priorities of the Business Development Professional are to assist the company in sales of professional engineering services, acquire new clients, and maintain relationships with existing clients. The successful candidate will be required to attend city council meetings and other meeting such as regional TML meetings that will occur after hours. The ideal candidate should have connections to municipal government or at least related industry concerns such as operations, construction, materials, and equipment, etc.
- Selling professional engineering services
- Attending industry events, conferences, and specialized business events unique to SPI
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with potential and current clients
- Working with Marketing and Engineering staff to prepare presentations, statements of qualifications, grant applications, and proposals
- Understanding the various funding mechanisms for public infrastructure projects
- Identifying opportunities for brand exposure, coordinate with Marketing manager
- 3 years of BD experience in the AEC industry
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, or related business degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build, develop and maintain relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish common ground and build consensus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High energy, personable, professional
- Highly organized, drive, productive self-starter
- Able to work independently and as a team member
Prior experience should include sales, positions in public administration, financial services related to government and infrastructure, or experience as an elected official. This position requires travel, and numerous evenings spent at public meetings and industry events.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. The Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.