SPI is seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as a Civil Design Technician. The successful candidate will have least 3 years experience in civil engineering drafting/design. The Design Technician contributes to the design of civil engineering projects such as roadway, utilities, and drainage using software such as AutoCAD and Civil3D.
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Computer Aided Design (CAD) preferred (will consider years experience in lieu of degree)
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Civil3D experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in water and wastewater engineering desired
- Ability to work in a team environment on numerous projects
- Familiarity with a variety of software packages including: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Office
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to participate in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Works from sketches and other instructions received from staff to produce computer-generated graphs, charts, overlays and drawings.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area, protect files and computer files which will allow access to project information to other team members.
- Assignments of increasing difficulty will be assigned as proficiency is increased.
- Can analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine the best approach for the completion of drawings.
- Understands and follows the company's standard CAD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Individual is flexible and may work with numerous project teams to help in project completion.
- Coordinates details and dimensions between drawing sheets.
- May help with general office functions such as copying
- Continuing to develop basic skills using CAD design software (for example, Civil 3D)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Group term life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
SPI is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees regardless of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, religious affiliation, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or age.