The Project Manager is responsible for the quality of work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, contract management, billing collection and project profitability. A PM applies technical expertise and project management experience to manage project teams on conventional and unconventional projects. Functions as a mentor to technical staff to assist in their technical training and development. As the bulk of the office’s clients are public agencies (primarily cities and counties), experience in public infrastructure design for public agencies is strongly preferred. Current licensure as a Texas Professional Engineer is required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, project leadership, ensuring quality, preparing and monitoring project schedules, ensuring project profitability, assistance in marketing efforts, client maintenance, preparation of fee proposals and statements of qualifications, technical guidance, and subconsultant supervision.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (related fields will be considered)
- Must have current license as a Texas Professional Engineer
- Minimum 6 years experience.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work with little supervision
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
- Team and family-oriented work environment
- Advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Group term life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Employer-sponsored continuing education
SPI is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees regardless of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, religious affiliation, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or age.