For over 80 years, Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. (SPI) has focused on providing civil engineering services, program management and construction management services to local government agencies in east and southeast Texas. Our dedicated staff provides specialized expertise and integrated services for the public sector, for both large and small projects.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Professional Engineer to lead the Municipal Team in our Houston office. As a team leader, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow the Municipal Team, increase the municipal client list, and become a part of leadership of the SPI Houston Office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced municipal engineer to become an autonomous leader. The Municipal Team Leader will have the latitude to create a Business Development Plan, pursue relationships with new clients, and direct the planning, design and construction administration of multi-disciplinary municipal projects throughout the Houston Metropolitan area.
- BS Civil Engineering
- 10 years' experience in municipal civil engineering (water/wastewater systems, hydrology & hydraulics, and/or streets & drainage systems)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas, at least 4 years
- 4 years in business development and client management
- Demonstrated ability to win new projects in the Houston area related to are of expertise
- Work with the Branch Office Manager in the development of a business development plan for the area of service
- Identify new business opportunities for the firm
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and Project Manager in the preparation of proposals
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with clients, including but not limited to: Project development, funding, development of Capital Improvements Programs, and Procurement of contracts for engineering services
- Provide day-to-day guidance to PMs
- Ensure that all contracts are negotiated to provide maximum profitability. Approve all schedules and contract budgets for such contracts
- Build staff capabilities through programs which improve individual technical skills and develop improved management and communication techniques
- Build and improve external corporate image by active participation in appropriate organizations and maintain significant contacts with current and potential clients
- Team and family oriented work environment
- Advancement opportunities
- The successful candidate will qualify for the SPI Associates Program and opportunities for ownership in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Group term life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Employer sponsored continuing education
SPI is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees regardless of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, religious affiliation, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or age.