We are seeking a party chief for a 2-person survey crew. This person will work both independently as well as with crew members conducting the field survey work related to boundary surveys, topographic surveys, route surveys, and construction staking under the charge of an RPLS. You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the field crew using standard operating procedures and current health and safety standards. The daily duties include the operation of robotics equipment and GPS receivers to accurately collect relevant data and information in a concise manner as well as take detailed notes and diagrams and maintain company equipment.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and operations of the field crew
- Skilled use of GPS devices, data collectors and/or robotics equipment
- Ensure surveys are compliant with the Practice Acts and Rules of the Texas Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, in addition to SPI standards and requirements
- Creating accurate and detailed field notes in conjunction with the collection of data coordinated between other departments
- Strong technical knowledge of survey field equipment and data collection processes
- Perform mathematical calculations and checking of field data
- Able to read and understand survey plats, working sketches, ROW maps, subdivision plats.
- Able to work long hours, outdoors, under various field conditions and exposure to traffic, heat, cold and adverse conditions.
- Able to sit, stand, dig, and walk for extending periods of time on unlevel terrain
- Able to carry up to 40 lbs of survey equipment
- 2+ years as Survey Crew Chief/Party Chief
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Associates Degree, Technical School diploma, or other two-year program preferred
- Valid Driver’s license
- Able to pass background checks
- Full Time, 40+ hour workweek, M-F
- Moderate Travel – occasional travel may be planned on short notice. A requirement of the job, but not a significant job component
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. The Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.